Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Graduate

What an amazing weekend we had celebrating with friends and family.  We are so grateful for everyone who made the trip to Norman (and put your car through our lovely Oklahoma roads). From Dallas, East Texas, Temple (TX), Tulsa, OKC, Enid...it meant the world to Josh and I that each of you were here. 


I took a couple days off work to prepare for the weekend; meanwhile, Josh was preparing for his last college final which was at 8 am on Friday - Graduation Day.  How mean is that! My mom came up early to help me which was a blessing. She is always so great about thinking of those things that never make it on my To Do List.  After Josh's final on Friday morning, we went to watch his Design Build Competition Team present their competition presentation to the Design Build Institute of America.  It was such a cool thing to see and such a proud moment for us - Helene, Matt, Mom, and I.  That was Josh's last official school event... now it was time to celebrate!

University Commencement was Friday night in our basketball arena which was Plan B.  Plan A was rained out. It was supposed to be in the football stadium.  Since I graduated in December, we didn't have a university wide commencement ceremony so I was really excited to go to this for Josh.  It disappointed us just a bit and not very many graduates attended.  Apparently, I did not get the same memo they did.  Nonetheless, Josh was sitting in the stands in his cap and gown, graduating, a day that seemed so far away not too long ago.


We had family and friends over to our house Saturday afternoon for a pre-graduation celebration. Saturday night was Josh's convocation where he "walked" and received his diploma.  It was so great to see everyone.  Here are a few pics from our fun afternoon.

Cake Balls!  Yes, please.
Logan helping Josh open up "his" present.  See the box... it was decorated by yours truly.  Adorable.

I should have had someone else taking pictures for me because I did not get near as many pictures as I would have liked.  I did get this one of Brandon and Grandmother... and I love it!
  Also, I didn't get a picture of the food table...her plate will have to do :)
Logan thought it was pretty cool Uncle Josh got Legos.  Uncle Josh thought it was even cooler.  Take a close look at the box, see the ages...5-27. Hilarious.  This sucker was put together within 24 hours and now greets you as you walk in our house.  Thank you Ashley and Landon!

Off to graduation.
Proud Parents with the Graduate.

Brotherly love.
The Carson Family.  Sorry it is so blurry. I wish I could find my good camera.
Ashley, Landon, Brandon, Josh and I
Josh and I with my parents and Grandmother
High-fives for Uncle Josh - Way to go!
Josh and Chase
Wow, we are finished.  We look ahead to our move to Texas in the next couple weeks and thank Oklahoma for everything it brought our way.  We will always look forward to our trips back.

No comments: