Here is what you are up to these days. You....
- LOVE food. Particularly hot dogs.
- do not like long car rides, at all.
- are 1 pound shy of matching your sister's weight with 2 years difference... 32 vs. 33 lbs.
- have 15 teeth. 15!! You are working on your bottom canine teeth, the top ones just popped down.
- LOVE to play peek-a-boo
- like your baths and get very excited for bath time. It is a special treat when you don't have to bathe with your sister.
- your favorite place is the pantry.
- are really working on your words. Your newest words are apple, football, all gone, all done and bath time said like "appull, foobawl, ahh gahh, ahh dunn and baah iiiimm"
- Had tubes put in October 30th. You have already had an ear infection since then and they are working just like they should. We are loving listening to your expanding vocabulary now that you can hear.
- love to dance. Your sister has taught you to twirl very well.
- don't like dogs. You must be my child.
- love to wash your hands
- like to read but only if it is a book with flaps/pop-ups/etc.
- search for animals out your car window in hopes of spotting a cow
- are really good with your fork and spoon at meals. You even dip your hot dog or chicken into ketchup all on your own.
- LOVE cereal with milk and you love ketchup. Not together but it is an equal amount of love. Mandarin oranges are close behind along with any kind of cracker.
- are FIESTY
- would live outdoors if you could.... or in the pantry.
- your favorite toy is anything sister is playing with or anything that resembles a broom.
- are doing so great in the morning with school. Walking into your class like the "big man on campus". Church is a different story. You still cry every Sunday morning at nursery drop off. Same room, same teachers, still tears.
- like to move slow in the mornings. Love routine but don't like to rushed.
- are in bed between 7 and 7:30 am and usually have to be woke up in the mornings around 8 am.
- take 1 nap a day, 2 hrs on average
- are very good at saying "mine". We are working on that along with the pushing when someone is in your business.
18 Month Stats:
31 lbs 12 oz (> 99%)
34" tall (89%)
size 6 diapers
size 2T clothes
I want to always remember...
- your eyes. Oh those eyes and the many expressions you make with just those two little blue eyes. Your looks make me just want to eat you up.
- your walk. Your strut. Oh my goodness.
- how you hold our hands at dinner for prayer. Sometimes we get both, sometimes just one and you proceed with your meal with the other hand.
- how you still let me rock you to sleep at least once a week.
- the way you hug your sister and how wide you throw your arms on your approach.
- how you wave that little pointer finger with defiance and say in your own little language something that sounds very bossy.
- your laugh... your deep, from-the-core-of-your-belly laugh that makes me chuckle every time I hear it.
- the way you lay your head on our shoulder when we carry you up for bed. It is the best cuddle in the world.
- your belly, your thighs and those rolls.
- how you love to have your back scratched when you first wake up. You stay on your belly in your crib and give me the look just waiting for your back rub.
Sweet boy, you are the perfect addition to our family. You gave me a run for my money your first 4 months and countless sleepless nights but I wouldn't change it for the world. Your big sister loves you more than you know and you hold such a special place in our hearts as your mommy and daddy, our little man. I cannot wait to see what is to come for you. Keep smiling, keep laughing, and keep giving the look... you are going to do big things buddy.