Monday, December 7, 2009

GIVE THANKS

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. It is a time to honor our blessings, cherish family, make memories, and kick off the wonderful celebration of Christmas.
just a glimpse of fall in the Carson home...


This year Josh and I headed north on Thanksgiving day to spend time with his Mom's family in Fairview, Oklahoma. Grandma Myrna and Aunt Cheryl did such a great job with the Thanksgiving feast. We were able to visit with family that we do not get to see every year and catch up on everyone's happenings. It was a great Thanksgiving day.

Once we got home Thanksgiving evening, Creed Thanksgiving was in full swing as Josh and I were the hosts for the Creed Thanksgiving this year. To no suprise, I am a list maker. I cannot even begin to count the number of lists I made in preparation for this special day...a few weeks worth ... perhaps a few too many. I put a whole new meaning on "checking it twice".

Mom came up to Oklahoma a couple days early to help me and boy, did she ever. I could never had done it without her. Moms are remarkable people with so much wisdom on all things life related. They got it all. I pray that the wisdom of our mothers shines through us as parents to our own children one day.

More Thanksgiving details to come...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: