Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I cooked a non-traditional meal on Thanksgiving Day for J's family who came to visit for a few days.  We started the day with some Monkey Bread, some appetizers while we watched "the boys", manicotti at halftime, and some Oreo cheesecake for dessert. 

 Monkey Bread = Yumm... the picture makes me want to bake some tonight!
 Appetizers courtesy of my Mom's sweet friend, Stacey.  They are delicious and so simple.  Some flaky biscuits lining the mini muffin cups filled with goodness and a quick pop in the oven.  We use bacon, tomatoes, cheese, and some mayo to hold it all together.  Delicious.
And some manicotti - a favorite of my family.  This recipe has been passed on from my Grandma Rita to my Mom and aunts, and now Ash and I love making this dish.  This is a favorite for J too.

The Friday after Thanksgiving has always been the Garrey Thanksgiving with my mom's family. Ashley and Landon hosted the Garrey crew at their new home this year.  Ash and Lan did such a great job.  The fried turkey was especially delicious. Again, I wish I got more pictures ... it was a great day.
This is Miss Avery -my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Mike's adorable foster baby. We pray this little one gets to join their family one day and share many more holidays with the Garrey family.
Ashley and Landon have a gigantic back yard as I think I mentioned in a post earlier this year.  The kids, young and old, had so much fun playing outside.  The weather was perfect.  Aiden could not get enough of the leaves.
Thank you Ashley and Landon for hosting this year!  We are so grateful we could all be together.

Josh and I finished off our Thanksgiving weekend with a trip to "the farm" for a Creed Thanksgiving with my Dad and Grandmother.   This was the first time in a long time that we had a slumber party at Grandmother's.  It was a blast and Grandmother's house was packed.  Brandon, the boys, Ash, Landon, Dad, J and I of course and my cousin Casey and his family were all there to spend Saturday and Sunday with Grandmother.  To see the smile on Grandmother's face, to have her house filled with so much life, was such a delight.   I didn't get any pictures of our weekend but snagged a few from my cousin.

Logan and his "friend" - Casey's youngest, Coleman.
Dad and Casey cutting some wood for the bonfire.  Yes, there were smores included in our trip!
Check out Grandmother!  I know it is blurry but so cute.  You can see the smile on her face if you strain your eyes just right as she brings out goodies to the bonfire.

Josh and I have so much to be thankful for!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats on the baby girl! She will be such a joy to you both! Looks like the Thanksgiving was filled with fun family time!