Sweet girl, you are 8 months old today. You will always be our baby girl but this past month we have seen you act less and less like a baby. You are gaining more and more independence and amaze us each and every day with what you do.
At 8 months you:
- do not like the vacuum cleaner or the sound of Daddy's drill
- are starting to eat some finger foods and are so good at putting your Puffs into your mouth all by yourself
- LOVE to stand and work so hard to try and pull yourself up to your feet from a sitting position
- have getting up on your knees and rocking back and forth completely down and try SO hard to get going but are not quite moving just yet; you will get your move on this next month, I just know it. Keep trying sweet girl, you can do it!
- love your Aunt Ashley and Uncle Landon's dog, Kirby; you literally laugh out loud watching him play catch; we need to get it on video
- pooped in the tub during your bath; only one time but a memory at that
- love to drink ice cold water and are getting better at your sippy cup
- were a total trooper through the holidays and adjusted well to the craziness of your schedule and later bed times than usual
- still do not sleep much at school because you would rather talk to your friend, Carson, through your crib than sleep; Miss Social
- sleep very well at night, 12+ hours straight without a peep
- can wave! You do not wave specifically hello or goodbye at the right times but randomly, like in your highchair during dinner, you will start waving. It is too cute.
- are very good with your hands and so alert to all of your surroundings
- babble like crazy! School is teaching you the word "ball" and one of your favorite sounds to say right now is "bah"
- LOVE necklaces and zippers
- are such a good traveler
- still have those cheeks that we cannot get enough of
- only have your bottom two teeth
- love your tongue
- melt our hearts when you snuggle and lay your head on our shoulders
- have been very healthy with the exception of a few colds, we have not been to the doctor yet for being sick, just your regular checkups. Praise the Lord!
- are eating 3 meals a day and 4 bottles of breastmilk (21 oz total)
- eat 3 tablespoons of cereal and some fruit for breakfast
- eat yogurt and a veggie for lunch
- eat a meat, veggie, and some fruit for dinner along with some Puffs
- drink 3 - 6 oz bottles during the day and a smaller bottle before bed, usually 3-4 oz.
- are wearing size 3 diapers during the day, size 4 nighttime diapers
- wear 9 mos clothes, a few of your 6-12 mos clothes, and starting to wear some12 mos outfits and sleepers - growing girl!
- wear size 3 shoes
We cannot wait to visit Dr. G next month to see how much you have grown and I cannot believe it is about time to start planning your 1st birthday.
You are our world, the ultimate blessing. We love you to the moon and back, Addison Leigh, and cannot wait to see what your next months bring.