Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I am determined there is no greater gift than being a mom.  I am so incredibly blessed to be the mother to our little girl and baby boy .  Not to mention, I was blessed with the most amazing mother myself who has taught me the world.  I sit here writing some updates while our 2-year old naps in the room next door and our little man sleeps quietly in his swing at my feet.  All I can do is smile and thank the Lord above for these two precious miracles and for choosing me to be their mother.

This Mother's Day was low key as it was just a few weeks before we were to welcome little Luke into the world.  We went to church and hung out at home most of the day before meeting my Mom for dinner.  It was just what I needed after going and going the last few weeks before.




Here are some things I LOVE about being a Mom in no particular order:

From the eyes of a 2 year old, my kiss can heal the world.
Moms can understand toddler-speak freakishly well.
Morning snuggles.
Watching our children grow, learn, and development something new every day.
Being pregnant.
Hearing the very first cry.
Hearing "wuv you" back from your child. It gets me every time.
Being our little ones' number 1 fan.
Finding that tiny baby sock that got mixed up in our laundry.
The love we share as a family.  

Today I am extremely grateful for all mothers that have given the gift of life.  Today I am extremely grateful for my Mother.  I would not be the person and Mom I am today without her.  I know she only learned from the best.

No comments: