Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thirty.

My sister had an extra special birthday this year...the big 3-0.  Yes, it was almost 3 months months ago but I consider this post a success since it is going up in the same year.

There is something so special about the bond between sisters.  My siblings and I are all very close, especially since we are so close in age (4 kids in 6 years), but Ash and I have something extra special, a bond I think only sisters know.  I feel so blessed to have walked through 28 years of life with her.  We were buddies growing up and remain best friends today.  I loved being called "little Creed" or "Ashley's Little Sister".  I would hold my head up so high and just smile.  She makes me very proud.   I was always following close behind wanting to do everything my sister was doing.   We shared a room, shared clothes, celebrated our birthdays together growing up.  Now we may not see each other every day but we can always catch up right where we left off, we still have a way of knowing what each other is thinking, a way of understanding each other that no one else seems to get, and can laugh uncontrollably at something others don't think is the slightest bit funny.
Because of Ash, my life is that much sweeter.
Because of Ash, I was a gymnast and later a cheerleader.
Because of Ash, I am a Sooner.  Lubbock wasn't for me but did make for some great memories.
Because of Ash, I had the best Maid of Honor, sister, and best friend to stand by my side 5 years ago.  I was honored to stand by her side a couple years later. 
And because I was blessed with an amazing sister, Addison has the best aunt in the world.
We love you, Ash!  It is going to be a great year!

3 comments:

Jen said...

How sweet! I'm so excited for Avery to have a sister! I hope Avery and her little sister are the best of friends like you and Ashley!

Gill08 said...

LOVE everything about this post Linds!! Ash is such a blessing in my life and I thank you for sharing her with me over the past umpteen years. ;-) I love you both!

Cathy said...

so sweet. You do have a great sister:)