Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Eats...

Better late than never! This post is long overdue but I did want to share a few items from our Thanksgiving feast.


First - the turkey! Isn't it pretty!? Mom gets all the credit for getting our turkey ready for the brine. I had gloves on and thought I was going to do it all by myself until I felt it for the first time. Moms are pros at this so I quickly became a spectator through step 1. As soon as the turkey was in the brining bag, I was ready. And... it turned out great. I gathered a lot of my Thanksgiving recipes from The Pioneer Women (PW), including my turkey brine - William Sonoma's Apple and Spice Turkey Brine. Delicious!


Rolls from scratch...


Stuffing! I didn't get an after picture but here is the cornbread and white bread "drying out" during preparation! Thanks Mom for getting it all ready!

Sugar cookies of course... no holiday is complete without them.


And more desserts courtesy of our guests...

That is all I got pictures of. We also had Whiskey Glazed Carrots, Grilled Asparagus, Green Bean Casserole, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pasta Salad, and a Fruit Salad. Yes, food for days!

No comments: