Friday, May 27, 2011

Addison's Birthday cont'd

It wasn't but a few minutes after they brought Josh into the OR, we hear "Look at that hair!" from one of the nurses followed by the sweetest, strongest cry. Addison Leigh was here and we couldn't wait to love on her. They raised her above the curtain so we could see her and asked us what her name was as we hadn't even shared that with our OB.   We were both in tears and words can truly not describe that moment but we feel beyond blessed to have been given the experience.  Josh was right by Addison's side while they were cleaning her up.  I will never forget Josh's face as he was telling me all about her since I couldn't see her from how I was laying.  It was the sweetest thing.  When she was ready, they gave her to Josh so he could bring her to me and one of the sweet nurses snapped this picture for us.
While the L&D team was getting me ready for recovery, Josh went with Addison to the nursery to get weighed and was able to introduce Addison to our family.  I cannot tell you how much it meant to both of us to have our family there to celebrate this special day.
 
 Addison's fan club - My dad (Grandpa), Ash, Mom (Nana), Landon, Logan, Brandon, Josh's Mom and Dad (Mimi and Papa).  Aiden isn't in the picture but he was there too!
 They brought Addison back to recovery after checking her out in the nursery and I got to hold her for the first time.  AMAZING!
Side note - I wasn't sure what the "rules" were and how long I had to keep that silly cap on. Addison will look at these pictures one day and ask who the "lunch lady" is.  Just go with it.
 The next few hours were full of smiles and happy tears.  Josh got to help with Addison's first bath.  They had to wash her hair in the sink since she has so much :)   
 
 Addison got to be loved on by all her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
 
 
 
 
 It was close to midnight before we were all settled in our postpartum room, still beaming from ear to ear.  We couldn't have asked for a better day and cannot wait to share Addison's special story with her one day. 
 More fun and pictures to come from Addison's first few days.

1 comment:

Eloise said...

I loved reading about sweet Miss Addison's arrival! I smiled when you told about needing a hug from your mom right before you went into surgery. You have the BEST mom. I know you will be just like her for Addison.

Hope all is going well. Sleep when you can!