Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bumps and Bruises

Walking for Addison means the beginning of bumps and bruises.  I'll take it considering we haven't really had any bumps and bruises until now.

A little over a month ago, Addison was racing a little girl into class at school.  Good news...she won.  Bad news... she hit a table on her way in.   I have signed my fair share of "incident reports" at school but this was really the first one that left a mark. 
So, first black eye - check.


It didn't slow her down AT ALL. 
 And just last weekend, I left her unattended in her room for .2 seconds when I hear a screaming cry.  I rush in and find her holding her reading lamp... by the bulb... that was turned on.  Her lamp is never on, ever, unless we are reading before bed because she is known to grab it.  This one time we happened to have company in town and I turned it on for the ambiance.  Ya know, to make the "house feel homey". What was I thinking!?  
So, first burn - check.
 We think Addison is going to be a righty but this little event has her working with her left hand more and more. 
{heavy duty bandage just to keep a small band-aid on}






Addison got a good blister on one of her fingers which I have learned is a good sign that it isn't a 3rd-degree burn.  Seriously.  Luckily, we were headed to the pediatrician the following Tuesday for her 15-month checkup so I knew he would take a good look, as well as give Momma a good scolding.  He was pretty nice about it but we got some antibiotic cream to use until it is healed. 
Mom of the year right here!

No comments: