Sunday, February 22, 2015

Celina Balloon Festival

While the kids nap on the weekends, I try to take a minute to sit and blog.  I rarely get a post finished so I have a lot of "drafts" so here is to getting one finished.... from October!

I remember going to the Plano Balloon Festival as a kid and have great memories so when I heard that Celina had a balloon festival, I had to check it out.  Celina is our "neighbor" here in Prosper and our kids are obsessed with hot air balloons.  We had no idea what it would be like, but we invited my family to go with us and check it out and hoping for the best!

And... I am so glad we did!  We now know what to expect and are excited to watch the event get bigger and bigger!  The kids were in heaven and we literally had a picnic surrounded by a dozen hot air balloons.  I was in awe at 31 years old so you can imagine our kids at 3 and 1. 
 
Here are some pictures from our fun evening under the stars .... and the balloons!


 
 
I mean look at that sweet little face... let's zoom in...oh, Miss Harper - I so love you!
 
We had no idea how this whole event worked but we saw people just claiming some land on the field so we went with it like we knew what we were doing.  And then balloons just start surrounding us ... so neat!
 
We grabbed a tray of chic-fil-a nuggets to bring with us and brought some other picnic must-haves ... So the way to go! There is food there to buy but I don't like paying $10 for a bottled water.
 
This little boy LOVED the balloons.  He said "WOW" a  million times.  I can only imagine how big those balloons were to that little boy!

 
I cannot wait to go back next year!  If you are in the area, you should come too! 

No comments: