Monday, February 8, 2016

Bump Update: Hours to go!

Tomorrow we will be a family of 5.  Oh, how this pregnancy flew by.  I took a few minutes and asked the kids some questions about their new baby sister. Also for my own records and little bit's baby book, a little FAQ on my pregnancy because I didn't track anything this time around except for a picture here and there.

Addison's Interview:
  1. What color hair do you think baby sister will have? Little light brownish.
  2. How much hair do you think she will have?  A lot like Luke had when he was born but a little longer. Girl hair but short like Luke when he was a baby. A little bit of hair to put in a headband
  3. Do you think it will be curly or straight? Curly
  4. How much will she weigh?  What?  You weigh 35 pounds.  How many pounds do you think baby sister will weigh?  I don't know what pounds are but I'll say 18 pounds.
  5. How old will she be?  Zero.
  6. What color eyes will she have?  Family blue eyes.
  7. Will she look like Momma or Daddy?   Actually, I think she will look like me.
  8. What is her name going to be?   Kennedy Isabelle Carson 
  9. What are you going to call her?  Baby sissy.

{Painting a masterpiece for Baby Sister's nursery}

Luke's Interview:
  1. What color hair do you think baby sister will have? Pink.
  2. Do you think it will be curly or straight? Curly
  3. What color eyes will she have?  Pink.
  4. How big is she going to be?  Like me big.  Like 2 years old.
  5. Will she look like Momma or Daddy?   Daddy!!
  6. What is her name going to be?   Kennedy.  Maybe she should be a Boomer Sooner.
  7. What are you going to call her?  Rockstar.
{Painting a masterpiece for Rockstar's Nursery}

--------------------------------------------------------

Momma's FAQ:

How are you feeling?
Other than a little nauseous the first trimester, no morning sickness.  I feel pretty good!  I don't sleep the best but that is to be expected. And I am 5 years older with this pregnancy than my first so overall, I just feel pains in different places but I can't complain.  With hours left, I have the pregnancy waddle down.  This baby is so low, unlike the other two, the waddle is in full effect.

Do you know if this is a boy or girl?
Yep, it's a girl!  We found out at 16 weeks and confirmed at our 20 week ultrasound.  That is the last time we got a sneak peek at our little one.

When are you due?
My due date (40 weeks) is February 14th.  This is a scheduled c-section (my 3rd) and is set for Tuesday, Feb 9th (39 weeks, 3 days).

{36 weeks}
Is this pregnancy any different than your others?
I started showing the quickest with this one, around 10 weeks.  I have carried this little one a lot lower than the others as well.  Like have-to-go-to-the-bathroom-every-hour low.   I have had bad acid reflux this time.  More sensitive to spicy food.  Nothing a tum or two can't fix at the end of the day. Old wives tales say that means she will have a lot of hair... we will see!  Probably the biggest difference is that I am not working this time around other than part-time for my Dad.  With that has come far more time to prepare for this baby.  And... no swelling at all!  My ankles were huge by the end of the day from about 36 weeks on with my other two.    Ironically, I have gained the exact same amount of weight, down to the exact pound, with every single pregnancy including this one.

{38 weeks, 5 days}
Any cravings or weird things with food?
My appetite has just been off this pregnancy... like hard-to-cook-because-nothing-sounds-good off.  I couldn't drink coffee until about the halfway mark. It made me feel sick to my stomach and that is NOT like me.  I live for my coffee in the mornings. BBQ has made my stomach turn all throughout this pregnancy.   I've craved milk this time like the others but started craving it a lot later in my pregnancy, not until my 3rd trimester and now, we cannot keep up with the milk habit in this house between me and the kids.  I've had much more of a sweet tooth this time around.  Womp. Womp.

Do you have a name?
Yes, we do have a name as of about 2 weeks ago!  How is that for an answer?!

Are you nesting?
I nested like a crazy lady from the start of the 2nd trimester up until today!  Seriously, my poor husband.  Lists, lists, and more lists.   I finally hit a wall in the energy department this Monday with one week left to go until delivery but it was very short lived.



Are you going to have more kids?
We are likely done but time will only tell.  Its very bittersweet as a Momma to say you are done having kids.  How do you know!?  Pregnancy is the most amazing miracle to experience and I am so grateful to have been able to live it not just once but 3 times.  I have tried really hard to cherish this pregnancy... this human life inside my tummy, cherishing the kicks and the rolls, cherishing the sleepless nights and frequent potty breaks, cherishing "the bump".  For all of you waiting for and praying for your chance to be a Mommy, it is so worth every struggle, every wait. Know God has a plan and hears your cries.  Your time will come.

-----------------------------------------------

So... we are down to hours to go.  We are SO ready to meet this little love.  My bags are packed, freezer meals are prepared (18+ meals I think), schedules/plans are written down for the BIG kids, Valentine's put together for school parties this week, nursery is finished, at this moment laundry is done, the house is clean, the dishwasher is empty, car seat is washed and ready, the pack-n-play is up, we've stocked up on groceries, the laundry room has been painted, I got my car inspected and oil changed (because ALL that matters!?) ...check. check. check. I told you nesting has been OUT OF CONTROL ...

Really what matters most... our hearts are ready. We are SO ready to welcome you to this world and our family, sweet girl.  We cannot wait to introduce you to your brother and sister.  You are going to LOVE them.   Not to mention your grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins (10 of them!) ... we ALL love you beyond measure already and will see you soon!

No comments: