Thursday, July 17, 2014

Addison's BirthDAY

Josh and I both took off work to spend Addison's actual birthday with her.  We took brother to school and had SUCH a fun day with just our little girl.
 
 
We started our morning with sweet birthday treat.
 
I put together a roadmap of our day together and Addison loved checking off her list.


First stop was the park.  It wasn't on the list but the weather was too great to pass it up.  We love HOPE Park in Frisco.  It is so kid-friendly, no matter the age.  Seriously, a park without rocks or wood chips = the best.
 
 
After an hour or so there we headed to Build-A-Bear.  Addison had fun but I honestly am thinking now that we have "been there and done that".    She named her bear Addison and picked out a princess gown for her of course.  Check that off the "every kid should do it once" list.
 
 
Next a ride on the carousel... I don't know how those kids do it!?  My head was spinning for an hour.
 
Then it was off to lunch of her choice... Chick-fil-A of course.  Some fuel before her first movie in a movie theater.
 

She did really good and the movie, Rio2, was pretty good too.  It's the first movie Josh and I have seen in the theater in years!  What a treat ... ha.
 
Note.... no time for a nap.  It was her birthday.
 
We then headed to pick up brother from school, headed home for presents with the family, and a special dinner... tacos!  Addison loves her a crispy beef taco. 
 
I thought I hit jackpot when I found a "Frozen" cupcake, bought it, got it home.... Got it out to sing to the birthday girl on her day for her only to tell me it was a "fairy" and definitely not Frozen.  It's the thought that counts, sister!  I'll try harder next year. 
(I have since been for my eye check-up and got a new pair of glasses, too.)
 
 
A fun day with our Cinderella for sure!  She sure slept like a Princess after our day together!

No comments: