Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sixty and Fabulous

We put together a surprise party for my Mom's 60th birthday back in April and pulled it off.   This was a big deal!  She was totally surprised which was so, so fun.  She thought she was coming over to watch our kids so Josh and I could go to a friend's surprise birthday at Top Golf.... long (made-up) story but it worked!  
 
Logan, Aiden and Cale (the boys) keeping an eye out for Nana to arrive.  I wish I had snapped a picture of everyone that came to wish Mom a happy birthday.  We had such a great turnout.  We set the stage for her arrival so that just us "kids" and grandkids were seen when she first walked in.   That was a surprise alone but then all her friends and more family came down from upstairs one by one.

I am sad I didn't get more pictures of our guests and guest of honor but here is what we did catch with some help from my Mom's dear friend, Stacey.
 
The SURPRISE!!
 
 
 
 
 
My sweet friend Kathy made some the most precious TEAM NANA shirts for all the grandkids, "60" was on the back.  We missed my brother Christopher and his family so much, 3 more kiddos to add to this picture.
  
Some of THE GUESTS!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Birthday wishes to our favorite lady!
Words cannot describe how much we love our Mom and all that she does for our family.  For as long as I can remember, my Mom has always instilled in me the importance of family.   She has always been my biggest cheerleader.  Today she is my go-to for all things "mom".  She always listens, she lets me vent, she makes me laugh, she is "home"... and we love her so.  We love her as our Mom, we love her as the best Nana to our kids, and we love her as our friend.  I sure hope she knows how proud we are of her, how fabulous we think she is, and how important she is to us and who we are today.   
 
Happy 60th, Mom, from your biggest fans!

No comments: